What is Home Health?
- Home Health care provides skilled services to you directly in your home. The services available are dependent on your diagnosis, condition, physician recommendation and care team. Home health care is usually covered by your insurance, convenient, and just as effective as care you get in an outpatient facility, hospital or skilled nursing facility (SNF). Services we offer include:
- Skilled Nursing
- Physical Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Speech Therapy
- Medical Social Work
- Home Health Aide
- Personal Care Services
Who can receive Home Health Services?
- All people with Medicare Part A and/or Part B who meet all of these conditions are covered and eligible for Home Health Services:
- 1. You must be considered “homebound”.
- 2. Require skilled services in order to improve, maintain or prevent further decline in your condition and diagnosis.
- 3. You must be under the care of a physician.
What does Homebound mean?
- Homebound indicates that you’re normally unable to safely leave your home without help from others or the aid of assistive devices such as crutches, canes, walkers or a wheelchair.
- Homebound also indicates leaving home would require considerable and taxing effort.
- You may leave home for medical treatment or short, infrequent absences for non-medical reasons, like attending religious services.
- You’re at risk of acquiring a severe illness from COVID-19 (age 65+ or any age with underlying medical condition).
- You are still eligible for home health care if you attend adult day care.
Who would benefit from Home Health Services?
- Have acquired chronic disease(s) or conditions
- Need assistance with medication management
- Need education on your current diagnosis or condition
- Recently had orthopedic surgery
- Experience difficulty with walking or mobility
- Experience falls or loss of balance frequently
- Need assistance with light housekeeping
- Recovering from recent hospitalization
- Recently transitioned out of a Skilled Nursing Facility
- Need assistance to get out of your home safely
- Are susceptible to further health conditions due to COVID-19 (age 65+ or any age with underlying medical condition)
How much does Home Health Services Cost?
- Prior to receiving home health care, Prospect Homecare Agency will tell you how much Medicare will pay. If any items or services aren't covered by Medicare, Prospect Homecare Agency will tell you how much you'll have to pay for them. The agency will also provide you with a notice called the “Advance Beneficiary Notice" (ABN) before providing services and supplies that Medicare doesn't cover.
How often will I be seen by Skilled Nursing and Therapy?
- Skilled services provided are based on your individual needs. Your physician and our care team will carefully establish a plan of care that best suits your needs and schedule.
What should I expect on my first visit from Prospect Homecare Agency?
- During the first visit in your home, you will be greeted by our Registered Nurse or Physical Therapist. They will conduct a series of assessments based on your diagnosis and condition that evaluates your physical, mental and environmental needs. This information then allows them to establish a unique care plan for you.
Why choose Prospect Homecare Agency?
- Prospect Homecare Agency offers a vast range of services and assistance for both long and short term care for people of all ages. Choosing a home care agency to assist you, a parent, or loved one is no small task. You can count on us to be there and meet your needs for just a few hours, or 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Prospect Homecare Agency will help you recover, live as independently as possible, and manage your condition.
Is Prospect Homecare Agency a Medicare-Approved agency?
Can I request to be seen by Prospect Homecare Agency?
- Yes. It would be our honor to provide quality care to you or a loved one. Please inform your doctor or provider you’re requesting Prospect Homecare Agency to meet your needs.
What insurances does Prospect Homecare Agency accept?
- Medicare/ HMO
- Other insurances may be accepted but may require prior authorization.
I don’t have insurance; Do you accept cash pay or private pay?
- Yes. Please call our office at 703-663-8864 to inquire about private pay rates.
What areas does Prospect Homecare Agency service?
- Fairfax County
- Fredericksburg County
- Loudoun County
- Prince William County
- Stafford County
What is the Therapy Maintenance Program and who qualifies?
- Our Therapy Maintenance Program is covered under Medicare Part B. It includes frequent therapy visits, similar to Outpatient, directly in your home if it is medically indicated that you would regress or decline immediately following a discharge from therapy services. The goal is not to improve your current mobility condition, but rather to maintain your current level of function, preventing regression or decline through a longevity program.
What is the difference between Home Health, Hospice, and Non-Skilled Personal Care Services?
- Home Health care offers skilled nursing or therapy services directly in your home to assist in the treatment and management of your current condition. Prospect Homecare Agency will help you recover, and regain your independence so you may live as independently as possible.
- Hospice Services offer comfort towards the end of one’s life. The goal is centered on comforting the person and providing resources that may assist physically, emotionally and spiritually.
- Personal Care Services are available to assist you with medication reminders, meal preparation, feeding, activities of daily living (ADL’s) that include hands on assistance with bathing, dressing, toileting, and light housekeeping.